…is to create a brighter future, breaking the cycle of crime, poverty and despair… it’s to help young people make their own opportunities, find some ambition, and achieve success… why?... because for many, a life living on benefits is the only future they know.
Record levels of youth unemployment has only exacerbated the problems already endemic in society:
- Approximately one million young people are out of work.
- Approximately one million 16-24 year olds (that’s 1 in 6!) are not in education, employment or training.
- The cost of lost tax revenue and of paying unemployment benefits is approximately £4billion, and there is over £10 billion in lost economic output.
- Gang and knife crime has risen, with rioting and looting witnessed in our cities and towns.
We need to act now and find a way of re-engaging young people in society. We need to inspire them to succeed.
…is to raise the aspirations and achievements of disadvantaged young people and those not in education, employment and training by:
- Inspiring and supporting them to make positive changes in their lives.
- Inspiring and supporting them to find progression routes into education and employment.
- Working in partnership with educational organisations, third sector agencies and businesses to signpost, create and provide positive progression routes and developmental activities.
To view this video you need the most up-to-date version of the Flash
player program by Adobe. Click the button below to update your computer now.